With the year coming to an end we are about to get a deluge of facebook ‘my year of status updates’ images, and twitter ‘my best tweets’
BUT how will you choose to remember your achievements?
Remember the choice is yours.
Those of you around me will recognise some of the situations and I believe you will appreciate how I chose to remember them.
- I have identified my own (and others) Ambitions.
- I have loved someone with all my heart
(thank you for letting me)
- I have built a team that have passion and commitment that truly want to make a difference as we move into 2012. We have plans, goals, objectives, the finances in place to ensure we are able to do the things we want to do. And make the difference we want to make.
(I look forward to working with you all)
- I have Inspired those around me when they needed it.
(I am glad I could help)
- I have stepped out of my comfort zone, and kept walking, only looking back to see how far I have come.
(Time for the next step)
- I have stayed in contact with people that are important to me, from all over the world.
(I will catch up with the more of you soon, as I admit I have missed a few)
- I put myself in situations that created opportunities.
(and I spotted them…)
- I have helped others find their Motivation and in the process I have re-found my own.
- I have laughed and I have cried with some of the best friends anyone can have.
(I look forward to more next year)
- I have met and started working with some amazing people.
(Who else is out there?)
- I have taken opportunities that presented themselves to me.
- I have always shown and shared my passion.
(And will continue to do so)
These are just a few of my memories and achievement from 2011, if I had planned to have achieved all of this in a single year I would consider the year a Success.
So there we are; a Successful 2011 for me.
How was yours?
No matter what you have been through this year, you have the choice how you remember it. Make the choice now, identify what things meant to you, why they were a struggle or hurt so much and recognise the achievement you have made within what others may see as ‘hard times’
By taking these achievements into 2012 you will be able to build on them, knowing that you can and do succeed, enabling you to take a slightly easier route next year to your next success.
Above all, be true to yourself, take responsibility for your own memories…